Friday, January 25, 2013

The Downfall of India in Research and Devolopment !

I know that this post is no where related to this Blog or Research but just wanted to bring out the root cause of the major drawback or reason for the inhibited growth in Research and advancements in India. I hope that each and every Pharma Grads would realize this.

I have recently started my job trials after the completion of my Masters in Pharmacy. I was actually aiming to do my Doctorate but wanted to parellely get absorbed into any reputed organisation to gain some work experience. At a point, I realized that Indian job industry is no easy go for freshers. And when I was looking out for M.S admissions in countries like Germany, I was astonished. Education was free in Germany and there was lot of Endorsing in Research. I was puzzled, How could this be possible? Was there any kind of fishy reason behind this? Once I sat and just roughly calculated the approximate cost of Research and education in a year for 1000 students. It was nearly 50,00,000/- . I just laughed at myself. This is the amount earned by a single corrupted individual in our country.

Indian economy has been literally feasted upon by many corrupted individuals. All the corrupted demons are avoiding the taxes and accumilating their accounts with the money.

Research is the branch of science which is the most useful part to human kind. It is leading to many innovations in the novel drug devolopment. It needs some funding for its devolopment, but unfortunately it is getting endangered in our country. Today, if we walk in any Government research centers, most of them are locked up or closed due to lack of funds. 
India has got lots of brains, but why is it that all are flying to other countries for brainy expenditure? It is due to lack of recognition. No one would really appreciate the efforts here.

Countries like U.S.A , Germany etc.. are coming out with fantabulous research and innovations as they are spending the Countries economy wisely, but we are craving to be a part of their research.
In India, there is no indipendent research. There is only outsourcing of the research. It is only the tertiary process what we are exactly doing in India which will be of no use for the Graduates. In India, I guarentee, never a fresher will be hired into the R&D. The reason is that we are just being as a slaves assisting them in documenting their data of research rather than direcly participating. Soon or later, young aspirants will feel that it is a bane to work in country like India.

The approximate amount drawn from corruption anually would be in billions. With this money:
  •  Nearly 20-30 drugs can pass through all the phases of clinical trials.
  • Nearly 30-50 research Institutes can be conserved.
  • All the Govt Hospitals can be equipped with all the facilities.
  • There can be "no deaths due to lack of medication".
At this point, I want only one thing to be emphasized. We cant let the Country go down. It is to be noticed that corruption is having a direct effect on the devolopment.

No comments: